The tasty "Breton pancakes" panic the taste buds, and go far beyond our borders. Impossible for a tourist for example to come to France without having eaten a pancake. It's easy to do, it doesn't cost too much, and you can change the filling as you like so you never get bored. In short, the perfect dish but you still have to know how to prepare the dough!
What ingredients should you provide to make the pancake batter yourself? What is the best recipe? We give you ours, you will tell us some news 😉
Different ingredients go into making pancakes, but you probably already have most of them at home:
- 250 g of wheat flour;
- 50 g of butter;
- 50 cl of milk;
- 10 cl of water;
- 4 large eggs;
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar;
- 1 pinch of salt.
The first step concerns the realization of the pancake dough. Concretely, you put the wheat flour provided in a bowl. You mix it with 2 tablespoons of sugar and a pinch of salt. After filling with milk, you gradually pour in water, beating everything with a whisk. You add the previously melted butter to the mixture as well as the eggs. You stir enough to obtain a homogeneous dough with an ideal texture. You put it in the fridge for half an hour or 45 minutes.
Here is a tip to avoid lumps : you start by mixing the solid ingredients first, and you complete with the liquid substances afterwards! The addition of eggs comes in last. Some people also use cocoa powder to make the dough more flavorful. This guarantees wonderful pancakes with a nice garnish. The realization of your pancakes must be done with quality equipment to obtain truly delicious products. A large pan may suffice, but we advise you to invest in a pancake pan at least or better a real pancake pan. There are gas or electric, to learn more the site Yummyblog offers here a guide to help you make your choice.
The preparation takes place in different milestones.
- You start by lighting your billig and putting it at 220 ° C. The temperature may vary depending on the appliance model. Consult your crêpe maker manual for more information.
- You grease the heated plate with a pad or rag soaked in butter. You can use lardiguel. This theme refers to a mixture of lard and egg yolk.
- You put a ladle of dough on the plate and flatten it using a pancake rake.
- After about a minute of cooking, you turn the second side of the pancake with a specific spatula. You alternate sides until the patty becomes ready. If necessary, you grease the plate to prevent pieces of dough from sticking to it.
- You continue in this way until you finish the previously prepared mixture.
The garnish of Breton pancakes
Different options exist. If you are rather sweet, you can use salted caramel, chocolate, jam or chestnut cream. If you prefer a savory pancake, the classics are egg, ham, cheese but there is no limit to the imagination! It depends on everyone's wishes. In all cases, Breton pancakes can be accompanied by a good cider or any other drink of your preference. You can serve it as a simple snack or as a main dish. These pancakes are very popular on all occasions.